Assist your team in evaluating risk factors in upcoming releases. Have the opportunity to mentor, coach and train entry and mid-level QA Testers and Test Analysts. Have your opinion sought out by product managers on upcoming features. Be the Voice of Quality.
If you want to:
- Collaborate with and effectively work with peer QA testers to solve complex problems spanning their respective areas to deliver end-to-end quality in our technology and customer experience.
- Participate in reviews of functional requirements and documentation of products.
- Estimate and perform risk analysis for large features.
- Design and develop test plans and test cases based upon features, user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Execute test cases, analyse results and report findings to product teams.
- Participate actively in functional, system and regression testing activities.
- Execute both functional and non-functional tests to ensure all scenarios affecting the end-product have been thoroughly tested.
- Determine when products meet acceptable quality criteria and standards and give go-ahead for release to production.
- Work closely with the development team to analyse, debug and resolve any issues.
- Record test plans and test cases in test management software.
- Influence management to ensure appropriate levels of quality on owned technologies.
- Influence and communicate effectively with non-technical audiences including senior product and business management.
- Investigate, identify and monitor problems with software in production; help diagnose and test fixes.
- Contribute to creating Release Documentation on a basic level.
And you have:
- Completed ISTQB Advanced Test Analyst qualification or similar.
- Completed BSc Computer Science / Information Systems / similar technical degree within a software environment.
- Minimum of 3 Years’ Quality Assurance Experience, within a software environment.
- 3 Years’ performing Quality Assurance on desktop/cloud software.
And you have these skills:
- Working knowledge of SQL, MySQL or equivalent database systems.
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum processes and ceremonies (previous experience advantageous).
- Familiarity with software development life cycles and agile programming methodologies.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and technical troubleshooting skills.
- Well-developed experience in scripting would be beneficial, but not essential.
- Working experience in the financial industry would be advantageous, but an essential requirement.
- Experience using applications such as Jira, Confluence and qTest would be beneficial.
- Ability to function effectively within a high-performance team yet work autonomously with minimal direction.
- Flexible, able to shift priorities quickly, “do what needs to be done” attitude.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Clarity and precision in verbal and written communication.
- Great self-awareness and ability to accurately estimate effort required to complete tasks on time.
- Excellent computer literacy.