Software development that supports the desktop suite of products and enables transitioning of product offerings to CaseWare Cloud Applications. Specific emphasis will be on data integration, enabling users to seamlessly connect and import data into applications, and optimizing application performance. Delivering quality software for a wide range of products, in a fast-paced, high-pressured and collaborate agile team environment.
If you want to:
- Take ownership of both an individual and team capacity for all responsibilities.
- Deliver committed software on time with no variance on delivery.
- Deliver software that passes functional testing 100%.
- Perform and pass peer review as part of committing code.
- Deliver committed code that is always in a readied state.
- Follow development processes in all areas from source/repository control, to issue logging and tracking.
- Take initiatives to improve development efficiencies and processes.
And you have:
- BSC Computer Science or relevant degree in IT with a focus on Software Development
- 4+ years’ experience in product application development.
- Substantial experience in data integration and transformation experience.
- Experience building desktop and cloud applications.
- Experience of providing and maintaining data transformations and APIs for customers and partners
- An impeccable track-record with quality development.
- Excellent skills in system and code design.
And these essential skills:
- Working with SQL Server and related technologies to allow the creation of and the support of data migrations
- Use and examine current transformation technologies such as XML, JSON, CSV and SQL
- Databases: Microsoft SQL, PostgreSQL (advantageous),Oracle
- Infrastructure: familiar with AWS or cloud-based related infrastructure.
- Version Control: experience here is important, Git would be advantageous.
- Familiarity and experience with Continuous Integration tools and services.
- A track of record of developing, shipping and supporting desktop and cloud products successfully in a team environment.
- Rock-solid coding skills: developing code that is well structured, idiomatic, reusable, and easy to understand.
- Capacity to take requirements and break them into actionable technical tasks.
- An approach that embraces modern development techniques such as paired programming, swarming etc