An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Programme Manager and line management leader, to ensure we ship high quality product on time. You will be the process custodian, the Agile Programme leader across the development teams and will always ensure operational readiness across the business.
If you want to:
- Be an effective leader of the Agile Programme and line leader of the scrum masters.
- Manage the Portfolio management process with the input of the Product Executive.
- Evaluate status and resource utilization and implement changes to improve the team’s effectiveness.
- Build internal processes and systems as applicable to support needs of the business.
- Develop and execute against the Agile Programme plan, including the establishment of the release schedule, in partnership with the portfolio and product teams.
- Collaborate and work closely with all teams required for the success of the Agile Programme, whilst also encouraging and facilitating inter-team collaboration.
- Successfully lead through influence across the teams, ensuring team results and cross-team communication and collaboration. It is also important that the successful incumbent partners with the management and executive team proactively on resourcing, to ensure that critical bottlenecks are avoided.
- Ensure there is clear visibility into the status of the Agile Programme, by developing Agile Release Train (ART) metrics.
- Uncover and proactively manage risks associated with the Agile Programme, as well as impediment resolutions.
- Ensure the teams are delivering the right product at the right time.
- Provide coaching and guidance on Programme level quality practices, fostering an environment of continuous improvement.
And you have:
- Seasoned Programme or Project Manager with 3-5 years’ experience in the leadership of an Agile Programme.
- Experience ideally gained within a product software development business
- Completed Business degree.
- Agile certifications.
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe©) certifications.
- Formal Project Management certifications
And these essential skills:
- Proven hands-on expertise in leading an Agile project lifecycle to completion.
- Indirect leadership of development teams through influence is a critical skill in this role.
- Solid project management skills in project planning and design, requirements gathering and analysis and project leadership.
- Deep technical expertise on continuous improvement within a software development team.
- Good understanding of modern software development tools and techniques.
- Experience using Agile tools such as Jira and Aha