The Product Owner is the Captain of the delivery team and is accountable to ensure that the team delivers on software that creates meaningful value to users. The Product Owner has a shared responsibility to make sure we invest in building the Right Product, but more so to make sure that we build the Product Right.
If you want to:
- Optimise team value and deliverables.
- Lead an Agile and high performing cross-functional team.
- Be a line manager for functional developers.
- Assist with the Learning and Personal Development (self and direct reports).
- Manage quality deliverables for the product.
- Deliver software in an Agile manner.
- Manage the product backlog to align with the product roadmap.
And you have:
- Solid experience working with CaseWare Working Papers, Cloud Software Platforms or equivalent software package, with a technical inclination to understand how the software works “under the hood”.
- Excellent all-round communicator.
- Knowledge and exposure to working in an Agile manner would be advantageous.
- Ability to deal with a pressurised and constantly changing environment.
- Understand the value of delivery on commitments.
Ability to interpret information and present in an understandable format.
- Understand various business processes and methodologies and can speak intelligently about them and leverage other techniques to provide value to a team/enterprise.
- A background Software development experience would be highly beneficial.
- This role is in the development space, all super users of any and all systems welcome.
- Experience with the below tools is not essential, but would be advantageous: Jira, Pivotal, Confluence, Aha! & Slack
And these essential skills:
- 3 years’ experience/exposure to Financial Reporting or Assurance Solutions or Software Development experience within the financial sector.
- Experience working in cross-functional teams.
- Experience working with Agile, SAFe or Scrum.
- Experience in a software development business would be advantageous
- BCom Accounting or BSc Computer Science or related (NQF7)
- Post-graduate degree in Accounting Science (CTA)
- Chartered Accountant – CA(SA)