The Product Owner is accountable for ensuring delivery of software and content that creates meaningful value to users. The Product Owner has a shared responsibility to champion the investment into creating Products that delight customers, and ensuring Products are created in the most optimal way.
If you want to:
- Research and develop the latest data analytical tools and methodologies.
- Manage the Assurance Analytics Software Product backlog to align with the business strategy and product roadmap.
- Be responsible for the documentation and development of Computer Assisted Audit Tools (CAATs) in data analytical software. This does not require coding skills.
- Be responsible for the delivery of working content using an agile approach in close conjunction with the Content Manager.
- Be responsible for the ownership and delivery of high-quality software product(s) using agile best practices of the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
- Train internal staff on data analytics such as Sales, Marketing, Consulting, Support, etc.
- Collaborate and Assistance with Support, Consulting and Training teams on data analysis related calls and questions.
- Continue learning and incremental approach to personal development.
And you have:
- 2 years’ Experience in using data analytical software/databases such as IDEA, Arbutus, ACL, SQL etc.
- 2 years’ experience as an Audit Manager or Audit Senior with audit experience and good knowledge of ISAs
- Experience working in cross-functional teams.
- 2 years’ experience with CaseWare Working Papers, Probe Audit,
- Audit International or equivalent software.
- Post-graduate degree in Accounting Science (CTA) or equivalent
- Chartered Accountant – CA(SA)
- CISA or CIA qualification
- Exceptional technical and data-analysis skills, with a demonstrated passion for technology.
- Good working knowledge and interest in Cloud-based software.
- Ideally, previous experience in the development and / or customization/configuration of assurance software.
- Previous usage and exposure to assurance software and systems will be a big plus.
- Experience with the below tools is not essential but would be advantageous:Jira, Confluence, Aha!, Slack/Teams
And these essential skills:
- An ability to address compliance issues in new, efficient and innovative ways using data analytics and presenting information in an understandable format.
- A passion and curiosity for understanding, using and combining financial datasets to create new insights and presenting results in a clear and concise manner.
- A technical inclination to understand how software works “under the hood” and how capabilities can be expanded and changed to drive desired business outcomes, especially by taking a data-driven approach.
- An understanding and ability to think strategically about client compliance needs by understanding client business operations and key risks and how data analytics can be used to surface those.
- Above-average technical accounting ability (International Standards of Auditing, IFRS, IFRS for SME's, Companies Act, etc.) is highly desirable.
- Existing experience of using CaseWare Probe, Audit International, IDEA or equivalent assurance software and/or data analytics packages will be a plus.
- Excellent all-round communicator.
- Knowledge and exposure to working in an agile manner would be advantageous, but not essential.
- Ability to deal with a highly pressurised and constantly changing environment.