The Product Owner is the Captain of the delivery team and is accountable to ensure that the team delivers on software that creates meaningful value to users. The Product Owner has a shared responsibility to make sure we invest in building the Right Product, but more so to make sure that we build the Product Right.
If you want to:
- Optimise team value and deliverables.
- Lead an Agile and high performing cross-functional team.
- Be a line manager for functional developers.
- Assist with the Learning and Personal Development (self and direct reports).
- Manage quality deliverables for the product.
- Deliver software in an Agile manner.
- Manage the product backlog to align with the product roadmap.
And you have:
- 3 years’ experience/exposure to Financial Reporting or Financial Manager with Financial Reporting experience, specifically in IFRS and/or IFRS for SME.
- 2 years’ experience with CaseWare Working Papers or equivalent software package(s).
- 2 years’ experience in a leadership role.
- Experience working in cross-functional teams.
- Experience working with Agile, SAFe or Scrum.
- Experience in a software development business would be advantageous.
- BCom Accounting (NQF7)
- Post-graduate degree in Accounting Science (CTA)- Desirable requirement
- Chartered Accountant CA(SA) - Desirable requirement
And these essential skills:
- Solid experience working with CaseWare Working Papers or equivalent software package, with a technical inclination to understand how the software works “under the hood”.
- Excellent all-round communicator.
- Knowledge and exposure to working in an Agile manner would be advantageous.
- Ability to deal with a pressurised and constantly changing environment.
- Understand the value of delivery on commitments.
- Ability to interpret information and present in an understandable format.
- Understand various business processes and methodologies and can speak intelligently about them and leverage other techniques to provide value to a team/enterprise.