The Product Manager is a visionary and evangelist that collaborates closely with all product portfolios and works across all market segments. The Product Manager defines the strategic vision of the product & platform architecture, and champions product success initiatives that enable products to share data and experiences with one another. With support from the Product Executive, the Product Manager has a shared responsibility to lead product development. The Product Manager ensures that the right product capabilities are taken to market that drives sustainable and holistic ongoing client success experiences.
If you want to:
- Maintain and communicate the vision and direction of the practice management product suite.
- Maintain and communicate the vision and direction of the product platforms and architecture across product suites.
- Understand and communicate market and client data integration needs, performance improvement requirements, and prioritize product development accordingly.
- Collaborate with fellow product managers to help define product marketing strategies focusing on data integration and multiple product customer experiences, and execute them in collaboration with fellow product managers, sales and marketing teams.
- Keep customers and key stakeholders highly engaged.
- Build a strong partnership with the Architecture Product Owner.
- Ensure product success.
- Collaborate closely with the product development team.
- Facilitate a multitude of meetings with customers and other stakeholders to communicate product platform, architecture & data integration strategies, direction, product functionality etc.
- Where applicable, collaborate with fellow product managers and work closely with external content providers to ensure products are compliant.
And you have:
- At least 5 – 8 years in financial software leadership and specifically, technical subject matter expert roles.
- Experience working in cross-functional teams.
- Experience working for or with a financial reporting, assurance and/or practice management client base.
- Experience in a software development business would be advantageous.
- BCom Accounting or BSc Computer Science or related (NQF7)
- Post-graduate degree in Accounting Science (CTA)
- Chartered Accountant – CA(SA)
And these essential skills:
- A good understanding of, and passion for, how software platforms creates significant efficiency, synergies and value for clients across experiences.
- Deep insight into how data empowers platforms, flows between systems and how data automation and integration optimize user experiences.
- Detailed understanding of, and exposure to, how product & platform performance affect customer experiences, how to optimize and improve these incrementally, what enables efficient workflows and how to define and execute initiatives that reimagine, improve and change them.
- Exposure to South African accounting, assurance, tax, financial reporting principles, and legislation will be advantages.
- Understanding and exposure to our or other financial reporting and assurance software and cloud platforms is beneficial.
- Previous product and platform architecture experience would be a big plus.
- Exceptional technical and data-analysis skills, with a demonstrated passion for technology.
- Good working knowledge and interest in Cloud-based software.
- Ideally, previous experience in the development and / or customization of financial systems, products and software.
- Platform and SaaS (Software as a Service) exposure a big plus.