The Functional Template Developer empowers drafters of financial statements with CaseWare’s world-class Financial Reporting Solutions. The Functional Template Developer is a collaborative team player, with a strong technical focus and a shared responsibility to create great products, in the most optimal way, that delights customers and supports their success.
If you want to:
- Break down feature requirements into more detail, while ensuring that we build great products that empowers the work of our clients.
- Produce template customisations and enhancements of great quality that require minimal rework.
- Review both your work and the work of others for accuracy and completeness.
- Question and critically assess the effectiveness of current template development methods and principles and provide suggestions for improvements.
- Participate in all Agile ceremonies as part of the team.
And you have:
- Have used CaseWare for a minimum of 12 months in the last 2 years.
- In addition to English, fluency in Afrikaans – both written and verbal.
- Degree/NQF Level 6 National Diploma with Informatics, Financial Information Systems and/or Accounting as final year subjects (if no degree, incumbent must have good technical system knowledge and experience).
- CaseWare and CaseView working experience
- Intermediate to advanced MS Excel skills (with basic control and logical operations.
And these essential skills:
- Experience in using CaseWare Working Papers and at least one of the following Templates: IFRS, IFRS for SME, SAIPA, GRAP.
- A passion for financial reporting software solutions and how software empowers the success of users.
- An ability to work with software requirements and breaking those down into actionable development tasks.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- An ability to apply technical troubleshooting and domain know-how in identifying software function and resolving defects.
- A strong resolve for independently managing a committed workload and delivering effectively within agreed timeframes.
- Knowledge of and/or exposure to working in an Agile manner would be advantageous.