We aim to build a different kind of software company - one that listens to client needs, values innovation and solves customer problems with brilliant simplicity. If you have extensive Cloud development experience and are looking for the opportunity to lead a fast-paced team as we build products that matter, then read on… .
If you want to:
- Lead the Cloud development team, where you will be responsible for the delivery, efficiency, quality and growth of the web development team, which will include reviews of all committed code to ensure adherence to best practice and development standards.
- Build products that matter using the latest web technologies.
- Help shape what technologies to use going forward and assist with the optimisation of our existing tools and libraries.
- Perform a lead role in transitioning existing desktop products onto a cloud platform.
- Contribute to a wide range of exciting products with value-based, user-centric design.
- Put forward ideas and ensure the technical feasibility of the UI/UX design.
- Be part of an Agile, collaborative and high performing team.
- Dive in and code yourself when necessary, as well as coaching the team.
- Champion of how to structure world-class applications and writing clean, maintainable code for both the front-end and back-end.
And you have:
- BSC Computer Science / Information Systems or equivalent.
- 8 years' experience in Cloud application development (at least 5 years of these must have been as a developer, with proven Angular skills.)
- 3 years' experience in a leadership role.
- Experience leading projects or developing new products that deliver significant value, improvements in scale, features or reliability under little supervision.
- Experience with the following languages/frameworks beneficial: AngularJS, Java and C#.
- An impeccable track-record with quality development.
- Strong attention to detail.
And these essential skills:
- Rock-solid coding skills: write code that is well structured, reusable, and easy to understand.
- Excellent skills in system and code design.
- Familiarity with Agile Development Methodologies (TDD, XP etc).
- Preparation of unit tests for coverage of code written.
- Strong technical skills (Development, design, debugging).
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and technical trouble-shooting skills.
- An understanding of required IDEs, development tools and operating systems
- Comfort and understanding of DVCS, we use GitHub and BitBucket for daily development.