This is an incredible opportunity for an ambitious sales leader with financial and technical abilities to join a world organization that is growing rapidly on the African continent with an entrepreneurial spirit
If you want to:
- Achieve growth and hit sales targets by successfully managing the sales team.
- Use analytical insights to identify opportunities, and problems. Dive deep with the team to understand root cause, or potential of opportunity. Implement strategic and tactical sales plans accordingly.
- Determine annual unit, revenue and gross profit plans by implementing sales plans strategies; analyzing trends and results.
- Establish annual sales targets for regions and territories; projecting expected sales volume and gross profit for existing and new products.
- Maintain sales volume and product mix by keeping current with demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Work closely with marketing to ensure marketing campaigns support the sales plan.
- Maintain sales staff by assisting with recruiting and selecting of employees and owning orientation and training of employees and the broader channel.
- Measure and manage sales performance using the approved KPI system and by counselling and disciplining employees where appropriate.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Upkeep product knowledge to support sales and channel teams with technical requests.
- Support the team with demo files, scripts, proposals and tender documentation.
- Contribute to theteam effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Present sales, revenue and expenses reports and accurate forecasts to the business lead in Africa.
- Support sales teams on key deals and closing where required.
And you have:
- Completed BCom degree.(with some formal training in accounting, either at grade 10, 11, 12 or university level).
- Committed to continuous education through on the job coaching, workshops, seminars and conferences
- Sales Management experience, with a proven track record in consistently meeting or exceeding targets in an established sales engine.
- This experience should have been gained in a B2B, high volume software sales environment, or in a B2B, high volume sales environment where the product is complex and / or niche.
- Previous financial background in accounting, financial reporting, tax, secretarial work or similar is highly preferable.
And these essential skills:
- Extensive, working knowledge of sales methodologies in a high volume B2B sales environment (including exposure to online sales and marketing).
- Excellent track record of effective sales planning, accurate forecasting, disciplined execution, and achievement of sales goals.
- Proven mentoring, coaching and people management skills.
- Previous experience in developing budgets.
- Solid analytical ability, in particular; solid experience in using data and insights to analyze problems and opportunities and implement strategic and tactical sales plans from this.
- Passion for data is of utmost importance.
- Proven ability to work in a manner that appreciates sales being a science, as much as an art.
- Ability to develop a deep understanding of the audit and accounting markets and the corporate market in Africa.
- A working knowledge of the public sector and doing business in Africa would also be beneficial.
- Inspirational leader with high energy, contagious optimism and a proven ability to be a self-starter and consistent high performer.
- Creative, and able to generate quick-wins, and valuable ideas for improvement and streamlining of operations.
- Read further on job description PDF below